I found this granola recipe to be really delicious & wanted to share with you! I adapted the original to fit my taste & it really turned out well. Enjoy.
• 2.5 cups old-fashioned oats
• 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
• 1/4 cup dried unsweetened cherries
• 1/4 cup dried unsweetened blueberries
• 1/3 cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
• 1/3 cup chia seeds
• 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• 1 Tbsp cinnamon • 1 cup dried dates, soaked in hot water
• 3 Tbsp smooth peanut butter
• 1/2 cup date water
1) Put the dried dates in a bowl and pour hot water over until they're covered. Leave for at about 30 minutes.
2) Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a large baking tray with baking parchment paper.
3) In a large bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
4) Drain the dates, measuring out 1/2 cup of the water and put dates in a blender. Add the peanut butter and date water. Blend until smooth.
5) Pour the date and peanut butter "sauce" over the dry ingredients and mix well.
6) Spread the mixture over the baking tray and place in the oven.
7) Bake for about 25 minutes. Check to make sure the oats in the granola get golden, but the dried fruit doesn't burn.
8) Remove the granola from the oven and leave it to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
HAPPY RECIPE SEARCHING!
Here you will find recipes either created by me or from ones I have found and changed up to my liking. I try to use ingredients that are usually 95% organic (lessen that toxic load!), very little unrefined sugars used and the majority of these are GLUTEN FREE. We eat legumes, grains, nuts, seeds, grass fed organic meats, pasture raised eggs, very small amounts of organic dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies! You can always change up the recipes to fit your lifestyle or taste buds! Thanks for supporting me and my art through food!