You know those packaged store bought gummies or "fruit snacks" are full of refined sugar, high fructose corn syrup and artificial dyes? Check out those labels! YUCK! The long list of ingredients indicates the snack is not the healthiest choice. Dentists also blame fruit snacks to be the number one cause for cavities in children! And those dyes can add to a lot of behavioral problems and even some mental health issues so it's best to avoid!
These are really super easy to make and they are balanced with good fats, healthy protein and a great carb source. Plus you will feel great about giving your family a super healthy snack.
For orange layer :
1 cup pulp free OJ
1 Tbsp honey (or more to taste)
3 Tbsp @greatlakesgelatin
For cream layer 🥛:
1/2 cup milk of choice
1 Tbsp honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp gelatin
1) Add 1/4 of the orange juice in a cup, add your gelatin and give it a stir. Allow it to bloom.
2) Add the rest of the OJ to a small saucepan and heat on medium until just hot, don't boil. Add the bloomed gelatin to the pot and whisk until the gelatin dissolves.
3) Whisk in your honey and remove from heat. Carefully pour 2/3 the way up into your mold, I just used a round chocolate mold. Allow the molds to set in the fridge for 15-20 minutes.
4) After the orange layer is set, make the cream layer by adding 2 Tbsp of the milk to a cup with the gelatin and allow it to bloom and solidify. Pour the rest of the milk into your pot and get nice and hot. Now add the bloomed gelatin to the hot milk & whisk until dissolved. Add in your vanilla extract & honey and combine.
5) Fill the molds the rest of the way up with the cream & put back into the fridge. Allow to set for about 2 hours. They are good in the fridge for about 2 weeks but they won't last that long!
HAPPY RECIPE SEARCHING!
Here you will find recipes either created by me or from ones I have found and changed up to my liking. I try to use ingredients that are usually 95% organic (lessen that toxic load!), very little unrefined sugars used and the majority of these are GLUTEN FREE. We eat legumes, grains, nuts, seeds, grass fed organic meats, pasture raised eggs, very small amounts of organic dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies! You can always change up the recipes to fit your lifestyle or taste buds! Thanks for supporting me and my art through food!