My middle child told me that it was “the BEST Valentine’s Day” when he saw these sitting at the table for him. *heart melted* When my food is approved by my middle child I feel I succeeded because he is super picky! These are grain, dairy, egg and soy free and packed full of goodness for chocolate lovers of all ages! You can use regular maple syrup, melted nut butter, chocolate drizzle or strawberry jam as I did here. Crispy chocolaty deliciousness!
1. In a small cup, whisk together flax meal and water & allow to firm up a bit.
2. In a small bowl, mix almond milk and lemon and let sit for a couple minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine almond flour, tapioca starch, cacao powder, cinnamon and baking powder.
4. To the almond milk and lemon juice mixture, add flax eggs, maple syrup, vanilla and the melted coconut oil.
5. Add to the dry ingredients and stir batter just until combined.
6. Using a ¼ cup, pour batter onto preheated waffle iron and cook until toasty brown.
You can drizzle with maple syrup, nut butter, honey or use a fruit preserve as I did here.
HAPPY RECIPE SEARCHING!
Here you will find recipes either created by me or from ones I have found and changed up to my liking. I try to use ingredients that are usually 95% organic (lessen that toxic load!), very little unrefined sugars used and the majority of these are GLUTEN FREE. We eat legumes, grains, nuts, seeds, grass fed organic meats, pasture raised eggs, very small amounts of organic dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies! You can always change up the recipes to fit your lifestyle or taste buds! Thanks for supporting me and my art through food!