Scotcheroos went down today. 🤙 When I was like 20 years old I worked in a coffee shop, to this day it is my absolute favorite job I've ever had. We made A TON of baked goods from scratch and Scotcheroos (marshmallow free rice krispies with peanut butter & chocolate) were one of the biggest hits, selling out everyday by like noon. 🤤 The big difference is they used karo syrup, making them super chewy and sticky but also really not great for you. Today I used honey in place of that and they turned out perfect. SO DELICIOUS! Matthias said "ummmm mommy, you're the best cook in the world...I NEED you to know that!" Thanks bud.
1) Add cereal to a large bowl & set aside.
2) In a small pot, melt the peanut butter, honey & vanilla on low until runny.
3) Pour into the bowl and mix until it is all combined. Transfer the mixture into a 9x13 dish and spread out evenly.
4) In a small pot melt the chocolate chips & peanut butter until melted. Pour over the krispies and smooth out.
5) Set in the fridge for an hour to chill. Once they are solid, cut into squares and store in the fridge!
HAPPY RECIPE SEARCHING!
Here you will find recipes either created by me or from ones I have found and changed up to my liking. I try to use ingredients that are usually 95% organic (lessen that toxic load!), very little unrefined sugars used and the majority of these are GLUTEN FREE. We eat legumes, grains, nuts, seeds, grass fed organic meats, pasture raised eggs, very small amounts of organic dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies! You can always change up the recipes to fit your lifestyle or taste buds! Thanks for supporting me and my art through food!