Homemade Egg Nog
I love creating homemade versions of, well everything, for my kids. It brings me SO MUCH joy to create their favorite things with my own spin & make it healthy too! This morning I made them from scratch egg nog with whipped cream using @greatlakesgelatin collagen, @peteandgerrys pasture raised eggs & @kalonasupernatural non-homogenized & grass-fed whole milk & cream! I wanted to share what I did in case you wanted to give this metabolically balanced drink a try!
¤ 6 large egg yolks
¤ 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
¤ 3 cups organic milk
¤ 1 cup organic heavy cream
¤ 2-4 scoops collagen
¤ 1 tsp ground cinnamon
¤ ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¤ 1/4 tsp ground cloves
¤ 2 tsp vanilla extract
¤1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
¤ 1/4 cup organic cane sugar
1) With a handheld mixer, mix the egg yolks and sugar until creamy; about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
2) In a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, warm the milk, cream, collagen, cinnamon, nutmeg & clove until it reaches a boil, stirring continuously.
3) Turn the heat down to low. Add about a ¼ cup of the hot milk to the egg sugar mixture and whisk until combined fully. Pour the warmed egg yolks into the hot milk, whisking vigorously.
4) Cook for about 5 minutes over low heat until the mixture gets thick. Stir consistently & do not let it boil.
5) Remove from heat, add the vanilla extract and whisk well.
6) For the whipped cream, mix the heavy cream & sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form.
7) You can chill both egg nog & whipped cream in the fridge for at least 2 hours up to overnight if you want the flavors to really be bold BUT you can also enjoy right away with a big dollop of whipped cream! Cheers!
Leave a Reply.
HAPPY RECIPE SEARCHING!
Here you will find recipes either created by me or from ones I have found and changed up to my liking. I try to use ingredients that are usually 95% organic (lessen that toxic load!), very little unrefined sugars used and the majority of these are GLUTEN FREE. We eat legumes, grains, nuts, seeds, grass fed organic meats, pasture raised eggs, very small amounts of organic dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies! You can always change up the recipes to fit your lifestyle or taste buds! Thanks for supporting me and my art through food!