Gluten free biscuits + fresh organic strawberries and whipped cream....I mean YOU tell me what is better than this?
1) Stir together sliced strawberries, coconut sugar & vanilla in a medium-sized bowl and place in the refrigerator.
2) Cut the butter into small pieces & set aside. If you do not have buttermilk make your own and set aside.
3) Preheat oven to 450° F.
4) In a large bowl add the gluten-free flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and stir to combine.
5) With a fork or pastry cutter, cut the butter into the flour mix until it looks like small peas.
6) Add the vanilla & whisked egg to the buttermilk & pour into the flour/butter mixture.
7) Mix with a rubber spoon until it is just mixed, do not over mix or it will be tough biscuits.
8) On a piece of parchment paper add 1 Tbsp flour, place dough ball on top. Dust with the other Tbsp of flour.
9) Gently fold dough onto itself twice. Do this by folding the dough in half and then doing it a second time.
10) With your hands form a dough round that is about 7 inches wide and 1 inch thick. I used a ruler. You don't want them to thick or thin!
11) Cut with a cookie cutter or the mouth of a jar. Do not twist cutter when cutting; this will seal the edges and cause it not to rise well. Reform the dough scraps into another dough ball and cut out more shortcakes. Put the shortcakes in a greased baking dish. I had 8 biscuits but it depends on the size of your cutter.
12) Brush the tops of the dough with milk and sprinkle with coconut sugar.
13) Bake them for 15-20 minutes at 450° F. You want them golden brown.
14) Slice the shortcake in half, top with strawberries and whipped cream!
HAPPY RECIPE SEARCHING!
Here you will find recipes either created by me or from ones I have found and changed up to my liking. I try to use ingredients that are usually 95% organic (lessen that toxic load!), very little unrefined sugars used and the majority of these are GLUTEN FREE. We eat legumes, grains, nuts, seeds, grass fed organic meats, pasture raised eggs, very small amounts of organic dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies! You can always change up the recipes to fit your lifestyle or taste buds! Thanks for supporting me and my art through food!