Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Of all the cookies I've made since changing my diet 5 years ago, THESE are the best by far!! They are chewy and soft but also have a nice crisp edge. They have no weird gluten free taste and are a seriously legit cookie. My husband was very pleased as were my kids. So much I had to hide the last 2 for myself!
You can make these VEGAN by subbing the egg with a flax egg or Bob's egg replacement and using coconut oil instead of butter. I haven't tried the egg substitute so I can't vouche for how they would turn out exactly.
You can also sub out the cane sugar for coconut sugar! :)
• 1 stick butter (can sub 1/2 cup coconut oil)
• 1 Tbsp choice of milk
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/4 cup cane sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
• 1 1/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (I used @arrowheadmills)
• 1/4 cup oat flour
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 cup chocolate chips
1) In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, oat flour, baking soda and salt until combined. Set aside.
2) Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once melted, add the milk, brown sugar and cane sugar. Whisk well to combine. 3) Add the egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
4) Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5) Cover the bowl and let sit for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350F°. Scoop about 2 Tbsp of dough and place each a few inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes, until golden..
6) Let cool for a couple minutes then transfer to a wire rack or parchment paper to continue cooling. Eat up. 🤤
Leave a Reply.
HAPPY RECIPE SEARCHING!
Here you will find recipes either created by me or from ones I have found and changed up to my liking. I try to use ingredients that are usually 95% organic (lessen that toxic load!), very little unrefined sugars used and the majority of these are GLUTEN FREE. We eat legumes, grains, nuts, seeds, grass fed organic meats, pasture raised eggs, very small amounts of organic dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies! You can always change up the recipes to fit your lifestyle or taste buds! Thanks for supporting me and my art through food!