Chocolate Shape Cookies
My sons and I created this cookie recipe during quarantine. They are simple but delicious and fun to make! The best part is they are super good for you: grain & gluten free, egg free, refined sugar free and dairy free!
You can use any cookie cutter you like but just do the cutting AFTER your bake them! This is a very fragile dough so cutting before you bake doesn't work.
• 3 1\4 cups almond flour, blanched
• 3/4 cup unsweetened cacao powder
• 1/4 cup coconut sugar
• 3/4 cup maple syrup
• 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
1) Preheat oven to 350F°. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2) In a medium size bowl, whisk together almond flour, unsweetened cacao powder & coconut sugar.
3) Pour in melted coconut oil, maple syrup & vanilla.
4) Combine with a large spoon until it forms a thick cookie batter. It should hold together well, be able to form a cookie dough ball, be shiny and oily.
5) Place the bowl into the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
6) Remove from the fridge, scoop out dough, about 2 Tbsp size and roll into a ball. Flatten with your palm into a small round circle. I put 9 on a sheet pan.
7) Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and if desired, immediately cut out a shape with a cookie cutter. I found it easier to do while hot right from the oven then while raw.
8) Allow to cool for 5 min then transfer to cooling rack. Repeat until dough is all gone. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
9) To make the glaze : add 1 cup of powdered sugar to a couple tablespoons of milk and whisk until smooth. Frost once all the cookies are cool & top with sprinkles.
Leave a Reply.
HAPPY RECIPE SEARCHING!
Here you will find recipes either created by me or from ones I have found and changed up to my liking. I try to use ingredients that are usually 95% organic (lessen that toxic load!), very little unrefined sugars used and the majority of these are GLUTEN FREE. We eat legumes, grains, nuts, seeds, grass fed organic meats, pasture raised eggs, very small amounts of organic dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies! You can always change up the recipes to fit your lifestyle or taste buds! Thanks for supporting me and my art through food!