My mom asked me to make her some low carb grain free everything bagels and of course I obliged. I wanted to share this recipe because they are REALLY good. I always use organic dairy but I try to do local & raw if available. You can use whatever variety of cheese is your favorite here!
• 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar
• 2 oz cream cheese
• 1.5 cups almond flour
• 1/4 cup flax meal
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 Tbsp baking powder
• 2 large eggs
《bagel top: 1 egg and 3-4 tbsp everything bagel seasoning》
1. Preheat oven to 400° & line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a small pot, melt the cheese & cream cheese, stirring constantly so it doesn't burn.
3. In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients then add in the melted cheeses with the eggs. Mix with your hands to get it all incorporated fully.
4. Divide the dough into 6 pieces, form a disk with each then use your finger to create a hole in the middle to mold your bagel.
5. Whisk the extra egg and brush on the tops of each bagel & sprinkle with everything seasoning.
6. Bake for about 13 minutes or until they are golden. Cut and use for sandwiches or toast them with butter.
7. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
For those that care, there are 6g of carbs & 20g of protein per bagel.
*I didn't create this recipe & don't know where it began, but wanted to share it here.
HAPPY RECIPE SEARCHING!
Here you will find recipes either created by me or from ones I have found and changed up to my liking. I try to use ingredients that are usually 95% organic (lessen that toxic load!), very little unrefined sugars used and the majority of these are GLUTEN FREE. We eat legumes, grains, nuts, seeds, grass fed organic meats, pasture raised eggs, very small amounts of organic dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies! You can always change up the recipes to fit your lifestyle or taste buds! Thanks for supporting me and my art through food!