Did you know you can EASILY make your own apple cider vinegar?? You totally can and most likely you have everything you need! You just need enough apples to fill whatever jar you have, sugar and water! Here's how:
1) Wash and chop your apples into big chunks. Fill your jar 1/2-3/4 way full.
2) Measuring cups of water, pour the water into your jar, over the apples, until it is almost full.
3) Now stir in the sugar, add in Tablespoons per cup you added to the jar! Here I did a gallon size jar, so I ended up doing 3/4 cup of sugar + about 12 cups of water fit in because of the apples. I also added a splash of some store bought ACV to help prevent mold & kind of jump start the fermentation process.
4) Stir to combine all the ingredients until mixed thoroughly.
5) Let it sit covered with a breathable top for a couple weeks, stirring every day to ensure sugar distribution & preventing mold.
6) At about the 2 week mark, strain and transfer to a smaller jar, then allow to sit again for 1-3 months to ferment more! Taste test can indicate it it's fermented enough, it should be tangy & sour!
HAPPY RECIPE SEARCHING!
Here you will find recipes either created by me or from ones I have found and changed up to my liking. I try to use ingredients that are usually 95% organic (lessen that toxic load!), very little unrefined sugars used and the majority of these are GLUTEN FREE. We eat legumes, grains, nuts, seeds, grass fed organic meats, pasture raised eggs, very small amounts of organic dairy, and lots of fruits and veggies! You can always change up the recipes to fit your lifestyle or taste buds! Thanks for supporting me and my art through food!